Wednesday, March 08, 2017

Garden 2017


Oh, but I am *SO* ready to plant my garden!! Winter has been excruciating this year, I kid you not. The entire thing has been mentally exhausting, from start to finish. My dad's failing health has been ever-present in our thoughts, as was the grueling task of trying to figure out what life looks like amid the constant changes of life with ALS.

We also lacked snowfall again this year. We had a bare, wet, ugly winter
. I love rain but this was too much, even for me.


Thankfully, spring is just around the corner, bringing with her a host of warmer days, a lot of rain, gusting wind and the hope of new life. =)

I cannot adequately express just how eager I am to soak in the regeneration that this life-giving season offers the soul! I *need* this! I have needed this rebirth almost since the very last vine gave up its very last vegetable last fall.


I have wanted to plan for my garden since January. The truth is that I think about my garden almost as soon as Christmas wraps up! :) It really means that much to me!


Unlike previous years, I have not been able to devote time specifically to laying out which seeds I will purchase or setting a budget. I get to do those things this week, in the hope that I can purchase my bales of straw and other materials at the end of next week. 


Yes, it feels good to breathe again. It has been necessary for some time. There will still be heartache borne in the quiet places of our souls. There will still be tears and hugs. We are comforting our children as they cry every night, yet. The loss of their beloved Pappaw was no small matter. Even so, we are beginning to move forward. Today we breathe. Today we dare to dream of the next good thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: