Thursday, June 02, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day One

I thought it might be fun to do something a little different. :)


I love to crochet. It is fun, great for my anxiety, and very calming to the soul. I especially like to make small projects that do not take very long. The payoff of satisfaction is much quicker than in larger projects. Plus, when I am making an afghan, the larger it gets, the hotter I get! I don't like to be a bundle of overheated energy in the warmer months of the year. Not to mention, doing something new also gives me a reason to use my cotton threads and play in different colors. All of these are good things!

Add it all up, and you get this: my goal to take the month of June and turn it into one long simple-project crochet fest! :) Make sense? Good. Let us begin.



Today is June second and I am already halfway behind. I have been working up projects, but did not get it posted. Please don't mind the date!

My first project was this fun apple, constructed by following along with the video posted by Crochet Crowd on YouTube. Mikey is both my and Giraffe's favorite online instructor. 

I used a size H hook that was passed down to me from my Granny. She used it for decades, so it is slightly worn. This makes it literally the smoothest hook I have ever held in my hands. It also has great sentimental value for me. :)

I also used cotton yarn. The white is from Bernat, the red and black are Premier Home, and the leaf is a color by Sugar 'N Cream. You can use whatever brand or color you prefer. 

Slight Changes: 
You can see that my leaf placement was slightly different, as were my colors. I also sewed in just a few small 'seeds' because I liked how it looked. 

Crochet along! :) 
The video for this pattern may be found here:

1 comment:

  1. I was diagnosed of ALS/MND in 2020. I had severe symptoms ranging from shortness of breath, balance problems, couldn't walk without a walker or a power chair, i had difficulty swallowing and fatigue. I was given medications which helped but only for a short burst of time, then i decided to try alternative measures and began on ALS Formula treatment from Dr James Ehimare herbal centre, It has made a tremendous difference for me contact him via email (jamesherbalformula@gmail.com ). I had improved walking balance, increased appetite, muscle strength, improved eyesight and others. Don't hesitate to reach him call/whatsapp +2349057856543 

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comment Here: