Sunday, June 05, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Five



Good Morning!

Today we have a ladybug dishcloth. :) 


This one was done at Koala's behest. As she is sick right now, I didn't 
want to disappoint. Plus, who doesn't love ladybugs, right?

Confession time... 
I did not exactly follow directions on this one. 

It is to be worked in half-double crochet! My nemesis! The wrist-wracking, knuckle-knotting stitch! I can do them here and there as needed,
but a whole project?!?!?! No. Just no. 

SO, you can plainly see that I used double crochet instead. (I used my size H granny hook.) I also - quite visibly - ran into some distraction/trouble during the process and misplaced my popcorn stitches. 

I cannot tell you how much it is bothering me to see the dots out of whack!!! 

ARGH!!! No matter. Koala has dibs'd it, 
and I shall not have to look upon it again! Ha!

Seriously though, next time I will do better... I promise. ;)

I also deviated from the pattern for the head, just a wee bit. I began on the wrong side of the work and laid in a row of single crochet that was eleven stitches long. I do not like colors to join in a disjointed way, and this gave me a uniform base with a clear color change. 

Once I worked the eleven, I turned the work right-side and slip-stitched a total of three times (counting the one called for in the pattern) and began from there. I ended row one on the prescribed slip stitch and added two more to keep with my foundation. This allowed row two to start and end where they belong. You can see it made no difference whatsoever, beyond giving me the color divide the way I wanted it to be. 

That said, the pattern is perfectly good as-is. 
You will not need the changes I made. :) 

Crochet Along!
The downloadable/printable pattern is available for free below:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: