Sunday, June 12, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Eleven


Good Morning! :)
Today we have a watermelon slice dishcloth. 


I was feeling really uninspired, so I went to google images and browsed 'crochet' like crazy. I found a picture I liked, but it was not linked to a pattern. I looked closer and decided that it was very simple, at that. I could see it was worked in double crochet, single crochet, and shells. What's not to know?

Decision made, I started in the round with a chain three and seven dc worked into a magic circle. 

Instead of completing the circle, I simply turned at the end, chained three and began working up the next row. I used the standard increase pattern of increases (2 dc in each stitch) all around (for row two), increase-1dc (row three), increase-2dc (row four), increase-3dc (row five), increase 4-dc (row six). Each row should end back on 2dc. I only did one, working it into the top of the chain three space.

Again, this involved turning at the end of each row, chaining three and placing my first dc into the same/very first stitch to start the row on an increase. 

I fastened off at the end of row six and worked one row of sc in white to the other side. I fit my shells into the number of stitches I had left by adding it up and dividing it by how many stitches it takes to anchor and make the shell. I sewed in whichever ends hadn't been crocheted in and finished off by sewing a few random seeds near the inside. Easy stuff!

Crochet Along! :)


Continue On to Day Twelve

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: