Tuesday, June 21, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Twenty-One


Good Afternoon!
I am well behind today, so I do not have a picture for you yet. 
However, I can tell you that we are working on Crochet Cherry Pie! 

Note: You will need how to do the popcorn stitch. 
Here is an online tutorial from Crochet Crowd. :) 


Crochet Along!
The free pattern can be found in the link below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ UPDATE/RESULTS:

Okay, so this is not what you expected, alright? lol Giraffe loved how the pie looked unfinished and asked if we could keep it as a scrubbie. I thought that might be neat, so I went along with it.

A couple of things. I've run late enough on posting this that there are a few minor things not finished. I still have some edging yet to do. I also had two strings left to sew in. I also noticed after the picture that a couple of the cherries were popped inward and not out. So there's that. 

For some reason, my thread (which looks beige in person) looks khaki on the camera. I promise, this is not a white/cream colored pie! lol 

Anyway, the pattern is simple enough to work up (even if she doesn't tell you to turn). It would even be a fun and quick pattern if I hadn't taken so long on the blinking cherries! I actually did the other half in blue with a mix of small and large popcorns so it would be half blueberry pie and half cherry. Obviously, that wouldn't work for a scrubbie. haha

This pattern was worked up in 100% cotton with Premier Home skeins. I used my size H hook (as almost always). There were many, many Giraffe and Koala interruptions, but at least it still got done. ;) Somewhere in there my thumb began to feel sore from how much crocheting I've done. That made the end a bit tedious. I'm actually quite glad we decided to keep it useful instead of stuffing it! Yaaay, we're done! haha

Continue to Day Twenty-Two

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: