Thursday, June 16, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Sixteen

Good Morning!

Today we're going floral! :) Rather, I am LOSING to a pattern, because I do not have a visual aid to help me along. Grrr! When I get to the second row, it very clearly states in the pattern to start at the top of the chain two space by joining with a slip stitch. Then it says to chain one, followed by the pattern-typical 1 single crochet/chaintwo/one single crochet in the same place. That is followed by six single crochet down the side of the flower. I am good with all of that. I did that easily. 

However, the next set of instructions says to miss (skip) two single crochet. That would bring you to the next side where (in row one) we worked up six other single crochet. It says to skip two (that would be the bottom between petals) and work our 1sc, ch2, 1sc into the next chain one space. 




For one, there is NO chain one space mentioned anywhere in the 1st row. That has to be a typo of some sort. For another, you'd have to skip more than two stitches to get up to the chain two space, like so:



SO, here I am for the day so far. I'm actually waiting on help. I've posted in a FB crochet group asking what I am doing wrong. The pictures of this particular pattern do not seem to show any gaps of the size I would be creating by skipping all of those stitches. They also do not seem to reflect the intense curling I got when I followed through another three rows. (Yes, I've frogged a lot of rows to come back to this point.)

I am a visual learner. I need a video, or at the very least, a diagram. Argh!

Crochet Along!
Maybe you can figure out the pattern in the link below and tell me what to do! 


Bernat Plum Blossom Dishcloth

UPDATE: I went ahead with the idea that they simply had a typo by saying ch-1, and also that they forgot to add the final set of 6 sc to each petal. On that assumption, the pattern works just fine. Here it is at the end of row three:



You can see if I work it to the conclusion, it will end up with the correct pattern. That said, it takes aaages to move along one row at a time. This day does not have that kind of time in it. I fastened off at the end of row three and sewed in my end. I may take this pattern up again down the road, but that is not likely. 

Continue to Day Seventeen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: