Friday, June 03, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Three

Good morning! :) 

I really wanted to do a dishcloth shaped like a dress. 
I am still going to attempt one at some point, I think. I was looking for that perfect pattern and ran across a potholder pattern I simply had to try. 

Here is my version of it: 


I have to be honest with you, I have a couple of issues with this pattern. 

First, like I said above, I was looking for a flat pattern. This works up into an actual dress. That is fine as a potholder, but I wanted something that could be used as pot holder *or* dishcloth. 

Secondly, I HATE half double crochet. I don't just hate it, I haaattttee it. I wish I were kidding! It isn't even the stitch itself. I can do it when needed. It is the pain in my wrists and all of my joints. 

I've had this pain for a long time. It isn't new. It is just somehow inexplicably brought out in spades with that particular stitch. SO, if I were ever to make another, I would swap out the hdc's with sc or dc. 

That said, I followed the pattern exactly for creation of the dress, leaving off the hook/loop at the end.  I also alternated the colors I wanted and added a wee threading of green across the white top for an extra way to tie it into the skirt. 

Giraffe and Koala both loved the final results. :) Koala promptly grabbed it and ran off to dress her dog. 


In the end, it doesn't matter that the small beginning portion caused me no end of pain. It doesn't matter that this particular dress will never become a potholder or dishcloth. It now whirls about in my daughter's arms; part of her ever-growing imagination. 

That makes it absolutely perfect to me. :)

Crochet Along!

I used 100% cotton yarn (worsted weight) and a size H hook, 
as recommended in the video below:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: