Saturday, June 18, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Eighteen


Good Morning! :) 

Continuing a summery theme, today we have the yarnspirations ice cream dishcloth:


I really need to begin blocking my dishcloths. The cone looks perfectly fine, but because it curls up, the picture makes it look all wonky. :/ 

Anyway, another very quick/very easy pattern today. It didn't take any time at all to work up. That said, if I ever do this again, I will use the top of the cupcake from Twinkie Chan's cupcake pattern. I really hated the way this ice cream top looks in rows. Working in the round is so much better. I also prefer the cherry from the cupcake pattern a lot better, too. I've not made one since last year, but I think I'll make one tomorrow so you can see the difference. 

Anyway, a cute pattern overall - very easy and a lot of fun! :) Oh - quick note! There is a mistake in the pattern. If you read the part about constructing the cherry, it says to work single crochet around... then tells you to slip stitch into the first double crochet. If you look at the picture, they really did mean for you to double crochet the eleven stitches into the ring you made. 

Crochet Along!

Find the free pattern in the link below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: