Thursday, June 02, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Two

Good morning! 

Today is Day Two of our month-long crochet experience. Today's project not only works up really quickly, it is SO cute! I can tell that I will be making more of these off and on in the future just because I like them. :) 

Today we are making.... chickens! 



These are listed as potholders in the pattern title. Even at that, I don't see why they couldn't be used as dishcloths or purely decorative if you choose to block and starch them afterward. 

I used a 5mm hook for this project. The green/white variegated and solid yellow yarn was from Sugar 'N Cream. The solid white yarn was from my huge skein of Bernat. The solid black and solid red were both from Premier Home. All yarn used is 100% cotton.

 I followed the pattern exactly for the green and white chicken, and simply changed out colors on row four and the scalloped border - just past the five single crochet that make up his neck - for the white/black chicken. 

The black chicken and the apple from yesterday are for my sister, Farm Girl. She has the prettiest black and white speckled chickens, which is why I chose those colors. This is what they look like together:


I really like how they came out! :) 
I cannot wait to make more! 

I already have my mind's eye set on several different color combinations! :)

Crochet along! The link to the chicken tutorial may be found here:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: