Friday, February 24, 2017

Hospital

I have not been on the blog this week for good reason. Monday night, my dad was rushed by EMS to the hospital. He was having far more trouble breathing than normal. On top of that, he had continued his rapid decline into the worst weakness he has experienced yet. 

Today begins his fourth full day in the hospital. He cannot do much for himself. They've gotten him seated upright and standing briefly one time, so far.

It is hard to update, sometimes. 

It is hard to know that people really grasp what is going on here. 

His blood work levels are better. They are. 

He's not. 

He has an appetite sometimes. Other times, he can't eat. Eating messes with his ability to breathe.

There is no feeding tube in his future. There is no respirator. He is going home on hospice whenever the hospital releases him. My parent's living room will officially be a home hospital room. She and Hospice will take good care of him.


___________________________________

Today I hurt. 

Today I am sad.

Today, I cannot process thoughtful comments from kind friends.

Today I cannot accept that it will be okay. 

Today, all I can do is keep breathing.



We have started a GoFundMe Campaign on my dad's behalf. Please consider sharing it on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: