Wednesday, February 08, 2017

Keep Breathing

I am so excited to report that my dad gets to have breathing equipment!! <3 <3 <3 

This is a bittersweet development, in its own way, but is a blessing more than anything. :) Of course, even a few months ago, I never imagined that the beginning of this year would open up with my dad struggling so hard. We all hoped that this ALS steam engine would slow down. It hasn't. At this point, we will take everything that we can get. :) 

Having breathing and cough-assist machines means that my dad will not have to struggle so hard. It means that he will not have to have the temperature of his home fiddled with all day long. It means that he will have the energy to face a meal! That could mean that he eats more. Oh, praise the Lord!

He has lost so much weight and continues to lose steadily. It is *so* important to he and my mom both that he does not drop below a certain amount. We are all praying that these machines will aid with weight maintenance, at the very least. <3 

We are also hopeful that these machines will help him to truly rest at night. He needs sleep, desperately! He is up roughly every two hours, just like a newborn. My mother is up with him, often opting to sleep on the couch next to where he is laying in his mechanical recliner. This causes her no shortage of pain, including a neck ache which has ceased to go away. I am praying for her comfort, as well. 

We have started a GoFundMe Campaign on behalf of my dad. Please consider sharing it on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: