Monday, February 13, 2017

It Hurts

I. Hate. ALS.

I cannot overemphasize just how much I hate this disease! Even the word 'hate' suddenly seems not to have enough strength behind it to accurately describe just how I feel about this.

I am in pain! We are in pain! We are hurting, every breath, every moment of every day! My dad is suffering! He is miserable! His body is disappearing before our very eyes! My soul, he is really dying! :'( 

"I can't take it, I can't take it! God, TAKE THIS FROM HIM, PLEASE!!"

I. HATE. ALS!!!

My daddy had complications on Friday night which lead to his (possibly) hardest day yet on Saturday. :'( He feels *so* weak. He is miserable. He became discouraged. His voice cracked into tears when he said,"I just don't feel any hope."

*soul-deep screaming*

My daddy is hurting! My daddy is miserable! My daddy is DYING!!! What the heck, universe?!?!?! Where did this beast come from? Why is it robbing my family of my one and only daddy? My soul in heaven, why is it so FAST? Why can't it be stopped? 

Forgive me, please, if you read this and get offended, okay? I am about to go on a rant. 

Medical cannabis (as in, prescribed and dispensed through a doctor's care) of a certain strain has shown, not just to help make persons with ALS more comfortable, but to also act in a neuroprotective way. It *improves* the quality of life. Some motion is regained. Life is a better length and, more importantly, a better quality. 

WHY is this not legalized, yet? Why can't a doctor simply write out a prescription and make my dad's life easier? It is funny, isn't it? The little Christian girl, who is begging God to find a way to get this relief for her pastor dad? Only it isn't funny at all. :'(

This world seems to be SO stacked against ALS! Medication is in the test phases and elusive. There is no cure. A person's body becomes their sarcophagus. It is horrifying to think about, let alone to witness or to go through. We need a cure. We NEED a cure! 

May God be gracious to my dad. May He grant strength, peace, and calm to replace the misery which comes with this wretched disease. May we find hope in His care. May we find comfort. May we find relief. <3

We have started a GoFundMe Campaign on behalf of my dad. Please consider sharing it on social media.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: