Saturday, May 17, 2014

A Morning At The Farmers Market

We have lived in town now for about four years, but only just today made it out to the local farmers market. I am delighted!! It has been a beautiful day, though it started out quite crisp. :) 

We loaded up Koala in her stroller, dressed warmly in clothing and coat, and covered over with a blanket. She was quiet the entire time, squinting against the sunshine and the overall morning-ness of it. (She's my little moon child, late to bed and late to rise.) Even when we bought her a handmade plush pillow, her face didn't betray any signs of interest. lol Silly child. <3 

Giraffe on the other hand is my sun child, and was not only awake, but chipper and chatty as ever. :) She was talking a mile-a-minute by the time we pulled into the parking lot, and once we walked over to the first stand began a constant stream of "Oh Mom, LOOK! They have..." lol 


The first "Oh LOOK!" was honey. Rich, sweet, raw, locally harvested honey. :) We bought four taster sticks, which sold the product. We ended up buying their largest container, a hefty two pounds. Needless to say, we'll be just fine on this gooey sweet liquid for a while! 

Next came tomatoes, both cherry and heirloom, and a bag of fresh spinach. Following that was a soft pillow and a little coat for our dog. There were plants, too, which we hope will thrive in our straw bale garden. My intention was to purchase whatever came closest to our preferences, so now we have tomatoes, cherry tomatoes, broccoli, and best yet - celery! I was delighted to see the celery starts for sale. I'm going to be praying these babies to fruition, let me tell you!

While Hubs lugged my various plants back to the car Giraffe, Koala, and I moseyed along browsing. Giraffe was a constant stream of chatter and, while I was eyeing up some locally made barbecue sauce, drifted to the next booth (only a few feet in front of the stroller and in plain sight with no strangers eyeballing her) and discovered 'brownies'. "Oh Mom! They have brownies! Look, Mom, did you see the brownies? Mom, would you like some brownies?" Laughing merrily in my spirit, I handed her a five and let her buy them. It turns out they were not brownies, but cake. hehe I just love my girl! :) 
Daddy returned and sampled then purchased some barbecue sauce. I was pleased about that, because (though I am not a fan of bbq) he really does like the stuff, and I wanted something to come home with us that was just for him. 

We got back to Matt (our vehicle - Giraffe named him) and loaded up. I couldn't hold everything, but I did take a picture of some of our haul on the ride home. :) Doesn't it just look delicious?!

That was only the start of the day - the morning. :) To be perfectly honest, we ate up all of the yellow cherry tomatoes and went back to buy more (the red ones pictured) that return trip is also where we picked up the cherry tomato plant. You can see by the little box from the pet store that there is more of our day to be told. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: