Thursday, May 29, 2014

I Couldn't Help Myself!

I really could not help myself!!! haha

After writing up that last blog I simply HAD to sneak out back to see if there was anymore progress in the garden today. 



THERE IS!!!

This is my little cucumber plant, which was essentially three leaves flat in the dirt when we first planted it. You can see that it has gotten taller, and has added more leaves!

Grow cukes, grow!!! :) 

This is our pea plant. You can see that it has doubled the amount of leaves it has each day the last two days. :) It is even putting out more tendrils looking for something to hold onto. 


I guess this guy really IS a keeper!
Grow baby, grow!!!


My pumpkin plant still looks a little droopy, but there are clearly many more leaves than there had been.
I was also asked what we are going to do when the plant gets big and bushy and all pumpkin-y. I have some research and thinking to do! lol



My cherry tomato now has ten beautiful little cherries adorning the top branches! They are growing well, and are so fun to watch! 


I hope this is the start of more cherry tomatoes than we can handle later on in the year. 

Seriously, my kids can eat three pounds of these little guys all on their own without my help. 


Grow babies, grow!!!



 BAM!!!

Look at the growth of this beefsteak tomato plant!!!!

That is what I call REAL growth!! It has been just six days since we laid this baby in there, short and thin. Now look at it!! 


GROW BEEFY, GROW!!!
:)   :)   :)   :)   :)  :)   :)  :)   :)  :)








My broccoli plants are not exactly that impressive... We'll see what happens with these little guys. ;)







The celery is still doing well. The stalks are starting to look a little thicker to me. 



What do you think?

The two tomato plants (heirlooms) that Giraffe helped plant look like they are on their way out. :( :( 


Poor Giraffe! Still, it was a valuable learning experience. If these don't make it we'll probably move the pea plant over here so the space isn't wasted. 





Their counterparts (also heirloom) in the same bale look okay but not great. I am really hoping that these guys start to take off here soon.


Grow guys, please grow!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: