Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was lovely this year. :) My younger sister slipped quietly in from Ohio and arrived at my home not long after four in the morning on Sunday, bringing with her a husband, children, and pets. It was so good to see them again! It is always good to see them. :)

Not long after the hours of Sunday Service had passed, we loaded up the cars and head off to another sister's house about forty minutes away. At first hubs and I were behind on the road, so we were quite surprised to arrive at said sister's home first. Since we were all there to surprise my mother (who had been lured over by Baby Sis), we decided to stay put in the driveway out of sight of the front door. We had to laugh when we found out Little Sis had put Mom's actual address into the GPS instead of Baby Sis's address! lol We waited on them for a warm 20 minutes, and were delighted when they arrived safe and sound. 

Walking into Baby Sis's house was one of the highlights of the day! I got to see surprise register on the faces of both of my parents as our group of eleven came walking through the door. Papa kept exclaiming "Oh my! More! Well, amen!" as we came through. :) Granna  was grinning from ear to ear, and hugging children as they streamed past. What a great feeling!

Not long into our visit we got Big Sis on the phone, and suddenly the family was whole! I cannot tell you how refreshing and necessary it is to be around my family. Life can sometimes get too serious, but when my sisters and parents (and all that come with) are together, there is rejoicing and laughter like no other! :)

Whatever you did, wherever you were on Sunday... even whether you celebrate or not... I hope you had an equally lovely day. <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: