Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Mommy Everywhere



I am a mommy in the kitchen, 'tis true;
A mommy in the living room, but you already knew. 
I'm a wife in the bedroom, but only at night.
I'm a mommy there too, giving laundry a fight.

I am a mommy in the backyard when they go play,
Mommy and teacher in our home classroom through the day.
I'm mommy in their bedroom, for cleaning or kiss goodnight,
And mommy when joyful play turns to tears and fight.

I am mommy oft through the day with toddler at breast.
When lights dim and eyelids droop I'm mommy on guard, not at rest.
I am mommy through potty training, tantrums, and "NO!"
I'm mommy at home or wherever we go.


I am mommy on the telephone; who cares if I'm on a call?
They need me to look, see, help, or for no reason at all.
I'm mommy for birthdays and holidays and every occasion.
Wish lists are built and fulfilled - every persuasion.

"Go to Mommy! Ask Mommy!" I so often hear them call.
Complaints and questions by the dozen - I answer them all.
"Mommy where is it? Mommy how do I?"
Mommy is aware of the hours and years flying by.


I'm mommy with no 'me' time, and that is alright.
When one fusses, whimpers, or falls I am mommy in flight.
To the rescue! Babies are stuck, hurting, or tired!
In mommy stuff up to my eyeballs I'm mired. 

I'm mommy at church seeing them off to their classes.
How I love and adore these two little lasses!
I'm mommy at the store. Don't ask for everything in sight!
I'm mommy at the park, and at the drive-in some nights. 


I am mommy when visiting family, or on vacation;
Mommy who needs sleep, caffeine, and probably medication!
I am mommy at Chuck E Cheese watching my child win prizes.
I'm mommy who is too soft, but to the occasion arises. 

I am mommy everywhere, from head to sole of shoe...
Alas I am also mommy on the toilet, too!
Why, just this day I was hugged and chatted up on the can.
"Making" and teaching mathematics was NOT in my plan!

At the end of the day I'm the tired mommy of a zoo.
I'm weary, and dirty, and sometimes smelly too. 
But I wouldn't change it, not even the messiest mess,
Because as a mommy I am most greatly blesed.    

;)  ;)  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: