Monday, June 20, 2016

30 Day Crochet: Day Twenty

Good Morning!

Also, happy first day of summer! :) 
This morning we have something that is very much a symbol of summer: a strawberry!


This was the perfect weekend workup, to be honest. It is a simply granny square stitch set, worked into a triangle. Even the green leaves are very easy and fun to do. I worked this up while watching a movie. Once you know the 3 double crochet, chain two pattern for inside stitches and that each corner has 3dc, ch2, 3dc - you're golden. There are five rows of that, topped with a row of dc's around the entire triangle. 

This pattern is worked in a size G hook (although, you know me... I used Granny Hook - h- my favorite) with 100% cotton yarn. I used Premier Home brand since I still have a lot of that left. I will be perfectly honest, though, that brand DOES fade when it comes to darker colors like red. You will not want to put it in the wash with light-colored clothing, for instance. 

Crochet Along!
Get your strawberry on for free at the link below:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comment Here: